I don’t know about you, but I have a terrible time with sympathy cards. I find them very hard and a touchy subject. Unfortunately I had to make 2 cards. So I hope they help you if you need to create some and don’t know what to do.
Here is the first card I made. I sent it to male for the loss of his father. I used the Cuttlebug embossing folders Textile and Swiss Dot. Then I used glitter tape for the band. The cat tails from Everyday Paper Dolls, With Sympathy (Wild Card), and the dragon fly is a CM hand punch.
This one was for the mother of the man I sent the other card to. I used the D’Vine Swirl and Swiss Dots Embossing folders. I used some left over ribbon, a paper flower, and a rhinestone. I cut the bird out of the Ultimate Creative Series Cartridge. These I had to do these quickly. I though they turned out very nice and simple.
Also I challenged myself to only use scraps since I created these on Earth Day.
I have been enjoying my Christmas present this spring, a wonderful new camera FUJIFILM SL300. I have had so much fun taking shots of nature. I thought maybe the color or subject matter would give you all inspiration to create or just feel at peace. It is so exciting to get such beautiful pictures. I hope these beautiful images have inspired you.
Sorry I have been missing for a couple of weeks. I was working on my wonderful daughters 1st Birthday party. I can’t believe she is one, where does the time go. So her whole theme was Princess. Here is some inspiration for your next party.
I chose 3 different bases for the invitations. I got so lucky the paper was only 20 cents a sheet on clearance. The paper is pearlescent on one side and a flat color on the opposite side. I used the Once Upon A Princess cartridge and Baby Steps for these invitations. I embossed the dress base with the Darcie embossing folder. The crown is glitter paper from Target, I also used Peachy Keen Stamps for the face and then added a little bit of rhinestones for some bling.
I cut the letters out in green using SCAL and put on the board with pins. I cut out the crown at the top as big as I could make it in CCR. I backed the 1 in the crown with hot pink glitter paper. My mom made the tutu for my little princesses highchair and fixed the tulle on the wall.
I cut out Lily’s First 12 months into butterflies and hung them on tulle using clothes pins that I glued to the back of the butterfly. I used the Baby Steps Cartridge for the these. I used CCR to line up the pictures with the butterfly, you can also use center point. Here is the link for a great video on how to use center point http://cricutdivablog.wordpress.com/videos/ . This lady I work with on the CricutDIVA Design Team has some awesome videos that have been very helpful to me.
Here is a close up of the butterfly. You will have to trim the antenna off the picture. There is no shadow feature for the butterfly so you have to manipulate it to fit the photograph and have a border.
Here are the 7 3D Castles that I made for the center pieces. I am going to do a more detailed post about these soon. I will say they are super time-consuming, so definitely give yourself a couple of hours to make one.
Most of these decorations were made using the Once Upon A Time cartridge. I hope this has inspired you to tackle the decorations for your child’s next birthday!
Designed by:Sierra Heath Cricut Machines & Tools Used: Expression, Expression 2, SCAL, Design Studio and CCR Cricut Cartridges Used: Once Upon A Time, Baby Steps Other Supplies Used: Peachy Keen Stamps, Butterfly 3D stickers, Darcie embossing folder “Butterflies”, Bazzill, Recollections, and ColorBloc Papers, Scotch Double Sided Tape, Foam squares, Rhinestones
So this past weekend I went to the most beautiful and moving wedding. So of course I had to make the special couple a card to fit the occasion.
I searched for an image that was elegant. I created an SVG from the silhouette an image from Shutterstocks.com. I had to cut out 2 copies of the Bride and Groom, one in black and one in pearlescent white. I then embossed the black version with my Swiss Dots embossing folder. I had to hand cut the dress into sections to show the grooms arm around the brides waist. The background was cut out of blue cardstock and embossed with Textile Textures. I chose the light grey wedding paper to fill the background.
I took a spool of ribbon and cut it a good length, to leave enough room to shorten if I chose too. I cut a slit in the head where I wanted the veil to be connect, then folded the end of the end of the ribbon and use tape to make a smooth edge to feed through the slit. Once I got it through I taped it to the back of her head. Then I picked out my rhinestones to add the finishing touches to headpiece. In the paper piecing she is carrying a bouquet of flowers that is behind the grooms head, so I added the beautiful fabric flower with pearl in the center.
Ok this is one of my favorite parts of the card. I took the same ribbon that was used for the veil and folded it to give this gathered look. I used a stapler to keep the folds neat and hooked to the back of the silhouette. I then used the foam squares to pop up the bottom of the dress to make it look full. This detail made my day, I was so excited to figure out a way to make vision come to life.
If you need to attach fabric or ribbon to your project and do not sew, instead you can use a stapler. Then you can use embellishments to cover up the staples or you can use colored staples. I was so excited when I figured this out.